Sunday, March 2, 2014

BUS 449 Post 9

Round as a clock but not quite
     Since I've posted several uses of the new smart watches in this blog, I don't think I left room for the sole purpose a watch is being used for - checking the time. The idea of this blog is to present new innovative electronic gadgets and the new trends suggest that we take an ordinary object, give it numerous functions and almost never use it for its initial purpose. 
     And typically for this blog, I am going to present you a gadget that you'd never guess that it would show the time. Dear reader, I give you the Ring Clock.
     Tt's a metal ring with three rows of labels on its body.  The first row shows numbers 1 to 24, the second shows 1 to 59, and the third sports little dots, which correspond to the hours, minutes and seconds, respectively.  To tell the time, built-in LEDs will light up the corresponding labels as soon as the ring is spun.
     An on-board 6mAh rechargeable battery sits inside, which can power the ring for an estimated one week.  It requires a Qi wireless power charger pad for replenishing, as well as setting the time. The ring itself shuts off to save battery. To activate it, the user should just spin it around their finger and it will automatically turn on for a minute. 
     I do not know about you but I love the looks of people when they ask me something and expect me to check a specific device, and I look at a totally different spot. 
Check this video for an interesting review:


     Subscribe for more wacky gadgets every week!


No comments:

Post a Comment